Reporting to the Head of Engineering we are looking to recruit a production engineer to join our team in Belfast. The purpose of the role will be to analyse and drive the optimisation of the Belfast site & facilities and be responsible for planning, co-ordination and execution of manufacturing projects in addition to the development and modernisation of site fabrication and steel manufacturing capability.
Role and Responsibilities
- Liaise across H&W engineering and operations departments to provide early-stage production input to design optimisation process from a fabrication/assembly perspective
- Produce workflow definition, methodology, process improvement, site and equipment layouts to maximise throughput, assembly planning and workstation loading analysis in support of the Company’s manufacturing projects and strategic plans.
- Assist the Sales/Bid/Commercial teams in preparation of any bid documents and proposals that require technical input in the form of build strategy/assembly workflow, production manhour estimates and schedules, including workstation loadings
- Take the lead in developing the Belfast site to enable competitiveness across the company’s target markets (Defence, Renewables, Oil & Gas, Cruise & Ferry, Commercial Marine)
- Develop and refine build/assembly/fabrication methods post Contract Award
- Facilitate technical and production planning co-ordination between Operations, Facilities and Engineering department in connection with implementation of facility enhancements
- Monitor manufacturing throughput (KPIs) and assist with implementation of identified productivity improvements
- HNC (or equivalent) in Manufacturing/Production Engineering, Naval Architecture, Ship Science or other related subject.
- A solid marine structures fabrication background, steel production engineering experience including the ability to read basic structural information.
- Proficient in application and use of specialist software for marine structural detail design, assembly planning e.g., Aveva Marine (Hull) or similar
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Word and familiar with other general drafting software such as AutoCAD
- Demonstrable experience in production planning of ship/marine orientated structures
- Sound knowledge of industry HSE processes & procedures
- Knowledge / awareness of the Defence and/or Oil & Gas and/or Renewables industry & structure
- Commercial awareness
- Good financial & literary skills & knowledge
- Strong influencing & relationship building skills
How to apply
- To apply, please send all CVs, no later than Friday 28th May to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harland & Wolff is an Equal Opportunities employer