Assist project and operational teams in ensuring waste activities are well planned and compliant with legislation and site waste management licences. Act as the onsite subject matter expert on waste management activities as well as prepare routine documentation for disposal of waste from site and coordinate sampling, characterisation, storage, and removal of waste.
- Liaise with waste services provider to ensure proper documentation and handling of solid, liquid, hazardous, mixed, and recyclable wastes.
- Assist project and operational teams to ensure waste management activities are well planned and compliant with legislation.
- Ensure traceability of waste and ensure waste transfer notes and consignment notes are correct and stored on our system.
- Participate and where appropriate lead waste management training, toolbox talks and on the job training.
- Liaise with projects teams and receive waste forecasts for projects, then use this information to plan and ensure adequate waste management is available for use.
- Manage hazardous waste compound ensuring we remain compliant with our waste management license.
- Keep track and manage quantities of waste on site and quantity of waste stored in hazardous waste compound, ensuring waste is removed from site by a licenced waste removal provider within specified timescales.
- Maintain compliance to waste legislation and waste management licenses.
- Support ISO14001 certification by ensuring waste management meets the requirements of the ISO 14001 standard.
- Maintain own CPD to develop and keep current own levels of practise excellence.
- Familiar with shipbuilding, ship repair or engineering, fabrication, and manufacture operations
- Expertise in a waste operator/coordinator/managers role.
- Knowledge of ISO14001.
- Fully proficient on all HSQE systems.
- Accurate Numeracy, and organisational skills.
- Competitive base salary
- Company pension
- 33 days annual leave
To get further information or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org