As a Steelworker, your role will entail the cutting and fabrication of structural steel, (plate & profile sections) to form individual components and the subsequent assembly of those components to form sub-units, such as frames, plates, girders, tubulars, to form sub-assemblies and the final structural assembly of the finished product.
Projects will cover a range of steel structures across the marine, renewables and oil & gas sectors and the role will require flexibility between new-build structural steel fabrication or ship repair projects.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Interpret engineering drawings to determine the materials required and to plan the order of tasks to cut metal most efficiently.
- Set-out/mark-off work and working area inline with fabrication plan and detail drawings.
- Assemble, fit, and install prefabricated metal parts and components to form 2D and 3D structures.
- Position, align, set and tack assemblies and components into position using lifting/handling equipment such as shop cranes, chain-pulls etc to achieve required geometric, dimensional and fit-up tolerances.
- Set up and operate various heavy-duty metalworking machines such as hydraulic presses, rolls, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy metal components.
- Undertake inspection of parts, sub-assemblies and finished products to ensure dimensional accuracy, quality and solid working function.
- Time served steelworker or fabricator either in a shipyard or similar field activity where structural fabrication was undertaken;
- Basic knowledge of welding processes
- Experience of dimensional control techniques such as Electronic Distance Measuring (EDM).
- Understanding of engineered drawings and technical documents
- Experience of steel, burning, welding, forming, bending and fabricating processes and techniques.
- Knowledge of work place safety
- Work execution independently according to valid instructions, rules and other standards
- Flexible cooperation with other team-members
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills:
- Ability to establish an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal
- Effectiveness in identifying possible problems for upward reporting/investigation
- Ability to express ideas or facts in a clear manner.
- Competitive base pay
- 31 days holiday
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent L&D opportunities
To get more information or apply for this role please contact People.email@example.com