Reports to: Head of Engineering /Project Director
Job purpose: To lead an engineering /technical team for Belfast yard.
Responsible for receiving information and productionising it to make it build friendly.
- Lead a team to facilitate technical and production engineering planning to schedule.
- Ensure information is produced accurately and team are compliant with rules, regulations and to the company Quality Management System
- Lead the team to develop structural or outfit solutions as appropriate to project standards.
- Create CAD/CAM model from design drawings and supplier information if required.
- Lead the team in preparation of 2D drawings and sketches as necessary.
- Engage with all discipline engineers to ensure CAD model is complete, accurate and clash free, assist other disciplines as necessary.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities & processes throughout the Belfast site.
- A solid marine background in ship or module modelling or Production, with solid professional experience including the ability to understand clients’ requirements, formulate the methods to be adopted in determining an optimum solution and implementation in line with the quality standards and time/budget constraints.
- Knowledge of Classification Society and IMO rules and regulations
- Proficient in use of Aveva Marine/PDMS 3D CAD modelling software
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holidays
- Company pension
- Opportunity to work on large scale project
To get further information or to apply for this role please contact email@example.com