Job purpose: Analyse and drive the optimisation of the Belfast site & facilities and be responsible for planning, co-ordination and execution of manufacturing projects in addition to the development and modernisation of site fabrication and steel manufacturing capability.
- Liaise across H&W engineering and operations departments to provide early-stage production input to design optimisation process from a fabrication/assembly perspective.
- Produce workflow definition, methodology, process improvement, site and equipment layouts to maximise throughput, assembly planning and workstation loading analysis in support of the Company’s manufacturing projects and strategic plans.
- Take the lead in developing the Belfast site to enable competitiveness across the company’s target markets (Defence, Renewables, Oil & Gas, Cruise & Ferry, Commercial Marine)
- Develop and refine build/assembly/fabrication methods post Contract Award
- Create and maintain technical documentation relating to manufacturing throughput (KPIs) and identify/investigate deviations from forecast productivity.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities & processes throughout the Belfast site.
- Able to build effective & productive internal / external customer relationships.
- Confident in challenging situations.
- Ability to juggle multiple, high priority issues at the same time & see them through to a successful conclusion.
- Seeks alternative / innovative solutions to resolve issues.
- A solid marine structures fabrication background with professional steel production engineering experience including the ability to read basic structural information.
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holidays
- Company pension
- Opportunity to work on large scale project
To get further information or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org