WELCOME TO THE FUTURE WITH
HARLAND & WOLFF APPRENTICESHIPS
Our 2024 apprenticeship applications are now open!
Our apprenticeship programme is now in its fourth successful year, and we are looking forward to welcoming our next intake to the Harland & Wolff family.
About The Role: This Apprenticeship will provide a base knowledge in Engineering covering electrical, mechanical engineering, technical design, fabrication, and welding. It will lead you on to your chosen specialised apprenticeship trade. All apprentices in Harland and Wolff will undertake a Level 2 qualification first. Level 2 takes 12-18 months to complete depending on trade and location. If you have already completed a Level 2 in Engineering Operations or equivalent, you will not have to repeat this.
Once you have completed the Level 2 in Engineering, you can proceed with a Level 3 in your specific trade area. Level 3 Trade specific apprenticeship on average takes 2 – 3 years.
Your time will be split between study with your training provider and time putting your skills into practice in the yard. We have dedicated training partners who work with each location to enable you to develop your skills and to provide you with support throughout your Apprenticeship.
What you will learn:
- Gain hands-on experience through a safe workplace placement, providing vocational training and education.
- Practical on the job training.
- One-to-one dedicated mentoring.
- Shipyard training facilities.
- Opportunity to earn while you learn.
- You will attend college as timetabled
- Hold a minimum a of GCSE grade C/4, National 5 (or Equivalent) in Mathematics and English (Plus a GCSE grade C/4, National 5 (or Equivalent) Science if you apply for Mechanical Engineering)
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use your own initiative and a strong drive to succeed are all essential.
- Enthusiasm and determination to learn.
- Self-starter and motivated person.
- Ability to get on with colleagues and customers.
- Commitment to upholding high health and safety standards.
- Responsibility, reliability and dedication.
- Competitive base pay
- Company pension
- Competitive annual leave allowance
- Life Assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent L&D opportunities
Ensure you complete all questions on the application form and email it to apprentice@Harland-Wolff.com. A member of our friendly team will be in touch with you to discuss your application.
You can also contact apprentice@Harland-Wolff.com with any queries or for more information.