Reports to: Quality Manager
Job purpose: This position is responsible for performing comprehensive industrial measurement surveys of the ship and in-process manufactured/assembled structures, components, and assemblies. They will utilize industrial measurement equipment for precision setting, alignment of structures, weapons system foundations, machinery foundations and other specialized pieces. The Dimensional Control Surveyor will perform a variety of accuracy control activities to guide measurement surveys as well as develop accuracy control packages to collect data to predict and reduce the variability of fabricated, machined, and assembled products through the interim stages of shipbuilding and manufacturing processes.
- Undertake dimensional checks and verifications to client specifications, ensuring any non-conformances are appropriately recorded.
- Carry out dimensional analysis of the ship and in-process manufactured/assembled structures, components, and assemblies.
- Provide information and guidance as required on inspection, measurement test equipment and material handling.
- Ensure the correct quality records and actions are raised in relation to materials inspection.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Reporting of all Observations, Incidents, Accidents or Asset Damage.
- Knowledge of structural design
- Familiarity with shipbuilding practices. Familiarity with Surveying Instruments (Total Stations, Theodolites, Precision Levels), Ship Fitting Experience, and AutoCAD.
- Must have strong Microsoft Office Suites computer skills.
- Must have strong organizational and time management skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Competitive base pay
- On-site Parking
- 31 days holiday
- Company Pension
- To apply for this role or get further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org