To build and lead the energy commercial team including co-ordinating commercial and related business activities, ranging across the contractual and commercial relationship with the client and working alongside business development team and General Managers responsible for delivery. Ensure business objectives are met whilst maintaining the required legal and commercial governance.
- Act as the key point of contact for the customer on all commercial issues relating to the energy
- Operate as a key member of the Methil and Arnish site leadership team, providing advice on contractual liability and other commercial issues.
- Ensure all necessary commercial documentation and governance requirements are communicated and understood across the business and that the programme is aware of its commercial obligations.
- Develop, implement, and maintain robust Commercial processes and procedures appropriate for the site in line with the company business management systems.
- Ensure systems, processes and documentation are available for audit.
- Ensure main contract commercial terms are known, understood, and work with the sub-contract manager to flow down to supply chain appropriate obligations.
- Identify and mitigate commercial risks and provide commercial mitigation to broader programme risks.
- Recommend corrective action to non-compliance outlining procedure and strategy.
- Conduct corrective action in line with legal and commercial procedure.
- As part of the site management leadership team brief internal senior stakeholders and customer on all commercial issues relating to the programme.
- Provide expert guidance to Supply Chain function on customer contractual obligations and flow down.
- Lead and contribute to key Customer engagements, negotiations, discussions and support any reporting processes as required within the contract.
- Oversee and provide Contract Management support to the business, ensuring H&W interests are protected, reducing risk exposure and maximising revenue / margin.
- Proactively work with key Functional colleagues to leverage revenue opportunities.
- Oversee commercial input into the contract close-out process ensuring lessons learned and customer feedback is effectively captured, reviewed, and implemented / acted upon
- Lead, influence and monitor all Commercial activities cross the projects and manage seamless interface across all internal and external stakeholders to drive best practice and continual improvement
- Provide commercial leadership on bids and proposals.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a commercial role, ideally in energy or renewables industries.
- Degree in business, law or related discipline or evidence of equivalent experience.
- Good working knowledge of UK contract law.
- Experience negotiating and securing complex, medium to large scale contracts.
- Experience of developing and leading successful commercial teams and strategies
- Experience and understanding of contract structures and varying contract arrangements.
- Sound knowledge and working experience of commercial and financial models.
- Experience negotiating LOGIC contracts.
- Competitive base pay
- Hybrid working
- 31 days holiday
- Company pension
- Opportunity to lead on exciting HR Projects
To get further details or apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org