To oversee and manage construction/outfitting/assembly of ship sections in a newbuild construction scenario or within a ship repair/renovation through effective coordination of internal and external resources such that safety, quality and delivery of the work are maintained within the requirements of each project and the Company’s overarching policies and procedures. Requiring a hands-on approach, the role will encompass all phases of project development, from pre-contract activities through to final handover.
- Responsible for all aspects of project performance, service delivery and safety management systems by providing effective planning, budget, time and quality controls.
- Successful management of the bid and tender development processes.
- Provide visible, pro-active HS&E leadership, ensuring that all HS&E policies and processes are followed, including any necessary client-specific requirements in particular, ensure that stated requirements for incident reporting, task risk assessment and safe methods of work are followed.
- Plan all aspects of contract compliance and management to include change control, contract variations and actively seek to develop opportunities with the client.
- Manage and control the contract, project schedules, commercial aspects, risks and issues and the documentation processes.
- Responsible for a portfolio of projects i.e. rigs, ships, steel structures.
- A solid marine repair or ship construction background
- Formal Project Management qualification
- Proficient in application and use of project management principles and techniques such as EVM, Risk Management, etc.
- HNC (or equivalent) in Engineering, Marine or other related subject.
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical cover
To get further details, please contact email@example.com