As the Accounts Payable Assistant you will report to the Financial Controller. Primary duties will include, but will not be restricted to, the following
Role and Responsibilities
- Timely processing of supplier invoices, including the matching to purchase orders and allocation to correct accounts and cost centres.
- Processing supplier payment proposals and supplier payments.
- Reconciliation of monthly supplier statements, including resolution of discrepancies.
- Mailbox management and query resolution.
- Completion of bank reconciliations.
- Adherence to month-end deadlines.
- Undertake any other duties which may be required by management.
- Supporting other areas within the finance department when required.
- The successful candidate will be educated to GCSE-Level or equivalent, with a grade A-C in GSCE Maths and English.
- Relevant experience of working in a busy finance environment
- A high level of proficiency on MS Office applications including Excel and Word.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills along with a proven ability to meet deadlines in a demanding environment.
- Highly motivated and capable of working on their own initiative and without supervision
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail, with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Experience in accounting and financial systems
- Direct experience in accounts payable activities
- Experience of month-end procedures.
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
- Early finish on Fridays