MAIN PURPOSE OF JOB:
To be responsible for the cost control of a Project and to assist with the development of all opportunities to maximise revenue and reduce project costs.
- To develop an understanding of all budgets and contractual/commercial requirements of projects
- To ensure all areas of project management and operations are fully aware of relevant budgets and contractual/commercial requirements of projects
- To ensure adherence to all of the company’s systems and procedures ie financial systems, planning systems, project control systems, material ordering and control systems and the necessary authorisations of expenditure
- To ensure in conjunction with project management that all Variations Orders (VO) are raised, costed and valued and that the necessary variation (in the prescribed project) is submitted in a timely fashion for all changes. Once agreed ensure that the budgets, forecasts, etc are updated to reflect any changes and that the VO register is updated accordingly
- To prepare and submit sales invoices and a final account with relevant backup as required in respect of base contract and variation income claims
- To liaise with the customer in respect of cash flow and ensure that payments are made in accordance with the Income Plan
- To ensure that the booking of hours is accurately maintained and recorded against the appropriate codes.
- To develop and maintain a cost control model to include:
- – the necessary cost coding structure for the effective execution and monitoring of the project and ensure that internal departments are fully aware of and use this coding e.g. stores, procurement etc.
- – the budget for the project recognising, original budget, internal adjustments, client variations and cancellations/omissions
- – all expenditure ie material, labour and internal utility and financing costs
- – all deferred costs eg, insurance
- – the earned value and performance on the project
- – a forecast of project outcome
- To produce reports from the model which identify areas of concern and meet the needs of the corporate finance department, the client (where required) and the project manager.
- To produce appropriate control registers to monitor ongoing subcontract/cost commitments
- To adhere to the Document Control System especially in respect of contractual agreements, appropriate records, backup of costs and correspondence (emails/letters/reports/filing etc.)
- To provide general administration support to the commercial and project managers and the project team (minutes/letters/reports/filing etc.)
- To ensure compliance with the commercial and administrative requirements of contracts, including but not limited to preparation of minutes and contract correspondence
- To measure work done on site and produce accurate reports
- To measure work in progress and produce accurate reports
- To assist with preparing tender and contract documents
- To perform risk and value management exercises
- To identify, analyse and develop responses to commercial risks
- To assist in allocating work to subcontractors
- To provide advice on contractual claims
- To value completed work and arrange payments (both to subcontractors and from clients)
- To maintain awareness of the different contracts in current use
- To understand the implications of health, safety and environmental regulations
- To prepare and submit final accounts
- To ensure familiarity with fabrication, manufacturing and construction materials and methods
- To undertake any other task required by management.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this position, please email your CV to email@example.com