Reporting to the Supply Chain Lead. We are looking to recruit a Supply Chain Specialist (Defence) to join our team in Belfast. The purpose of the role will be working within an integrated Supply Chain team, the Supply Chain Specialist – Defence is responsible for the commercial management of suppliers and major subcontractors throughout the whole Procurement cycle from tendering stage to order placement and delivery of goods or service, ensuring compliance with Government Laws and Regulations, Ethical Procurement and Sustainability within the Defence Sector.
This will be a key role within the department and will involve direct engagement with the Supply Chain Lead and members of the Senior Management Team across all the company sites, specific to Defence sector contracts.
Role and Responsibilities
- Establish a robust vendor approval process for Defence sector suppliers and subcontractors – identification, selection, assessment, and approval considering List X Requirements, Cyber Essentials, GFX and Supply Chain Security.
- Ensure suppliers are compliant with company and client quality procedures and hold requisite certifications.
- Ensure that suppliers sign up to the company Code of conduct for Health & Safety and hold policies and insurances that are in line with company and client requirements.
- Build and maintain an Approved Vendors List specific to the Defence Sector.
- Support the Sales / Commercial / Bid teams with PQQs and ITTs, delivering Strategic Sourcing Plans specific to the Defence sector and wider Defence specific procurement process & requirements.
- Ensure NDAs are in place with Key Suppliers and ensure controls are in place for transfer and storage of sensitive information in line with List X requirements
- Close engagement with the Engineering function to develop RFQs, early supplier engagement and innovative ideas to enable Make / Buy decisions.
- Provide analysis of cost performance and identify and deliver targeted cost saving opportunities.
- Negotiate contracts, seeking cost reductions and favourable Terms and Conditions for the company.
- Build and maintain supplier relationships and partnerships.
- Assess and evaluate supplier performance and manage the Supplier Non-Conformance Process.
- Development and ownership of the Supply Chain Risk Register for Defence, highlighting key opportunities and potential issues that may have a direct impact on the company or client.
- Development of Company & Supplier Management plans – identifying KPIs and key deliverables.
- Support the development of the company Supply Chain strategy, building ethical, sustainable, and resilient supply chains.
- Drive the development of H&W ERP system (IFS), unlocking supplier management tools across the complete Procurement cycle from Supplier Assessment through to delivery of goods or service.
- Support the development of H&W supply chain capability and governance specific to Defence sector procurement.
- Relevant Business, Manufacturing, Procurement or Engineering Degree
- MCIPS membership
- Minimum 5 Years’ Experience of working in a Procurement Team within the Defence or Military Sectors ideally from a Defence contractor or supplier.
- Must have or be eligible to gain UK Security Clearance.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Evidence of having worked on complex bids and tenders specific to the Defence Sector.
- Market knowledge of local and international Defence suppliers and subcontractors.
- Proven track record of building relationships and setting up frameworks and partnerships with local and international suppliers for complex equipment and services, ensuring resilience within the Supply Chain.
- Proven Track record of managing risk in the Supply Chain and development of a Risk Register from tendering stages to final delivery of the project.
- Strong understanding of Defence and Government Procurement processes and governing legislation, rules, and guidance.
- Strong understanding of Supply Chain Security requirements – List X, Cyber Essentials, and Security Aspects. Ability to determine the levels of sensitive information.
- Previous experience of developing and utilising an ERP system to support robust Supply Chain Management within Defence Procurement.
- Conversant with ERP systems
- Previous experience of managing complex logistical support services, dealing with international regulations and customs processes.
How to apply
- To apply, please send all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harland & Wolff is an Equal Opportunities employer