Reports to: Plating Supervisor
Job purpose: Prepare steel or other metal plates and sections for the manufacture of the Cory Barges
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Interpret engineering drawings to determine the materials required and to plan the order of tasks to cut metal most efficiently.
- Set-out/mark-off work and working area inline with fabrication plan and detail drawings.
- Assemble, fit, and install prefabricated metal parts and components to form 2D and 3D structures.
- Position, align, set and tack assemblies and components into position using lifting/handling equipment such as shop cranes, chain-pulls etc to achieve required geometric, dimensional and fit-up tolerances.
- Set up and operate various heavy-duty metalworking machines such as hydraulic presses, rolls, shears, cutting torches, grinders and drills, to bend, cut, form, punch, drill or otherwise form heavy metal components.
- Undertake inspection of parts, sub-assemblies and finished products to ensure dimensional accuracy, quality and solid working function.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Previous experience in a Heavy engineering environment
- Practical hand skills for using tools and equipment.
- Good concentration skills for using machinery safely and accurately.
- Ability to understand technical drawings.
- To be able to work without direct supervision and as part of a team.
- The ability to work at heights on construction projects.
- Competitive base pay
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday (pro rata)
- 4 day week (Monday – Thursday)
To get further details or apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org