We have an exciting opportunity for an engineer to join our Belfast team on a full time, permanent basis. This person will produce engineering information and drawings in accordance with the specification.
Undertake project work and oversee technical performance, including engineering, and modelling of structures and components to provide production information in support of the company’s ship repair/conversion, offshore/marine fabrication, and engineering contracts.
- Produce engineering information to schedule as defined by lead discipline engineer or project engineer/manager;
- Ensure information is produced accurately and is compliant with rules, regulations and to company quality system;
- Develop structural or outfit solutions as appropriate to project standards;
- Create CAD/CAM model from design drawings and supplier information;
- Prepare 2D drawings and sketches as necessary;
- Liaise with lead discipline and other discipline engineers to ensure model is complete, accurate and clash free, assist other disciplines as necessary:
- Liaise with customers, with other internal department customers, regulatory bodies, and suppliers;
- Liaise directly with production management, supervision, and operators;
- A solid marine or offshore background in ship or module modelling, with experience including the ability to understand clients’ requirements, formulate the methods to be adopted in determining an optimum solution and implementation in line with the quality standards and time/budget constraints.
- Proficient in application and use of Aveva Marine / E3D or similar modelling and drafting systems;
- Proficient in other general drafting software such as AutoCAD;
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Project, Word
- Knowledge of Classification Society and IMO rules and regulations;
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
- L&D opportunities
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com