Reports to: H&W Head of Strategic Bids Management Team (London)
To lead all strategic value new-build estimating (naval, commercial marine, renewable) and set a best of class estimating provision for the development and conversion of high-value, strategic importance market tenders within the newly formed Strategic Bids Management Team, London including but not limited to the functional, matrix-management coordination and governance of all Estimators across the Group / Delivery Centres.
- Translate aspects of the statement of customer requirements into a rigorous and robust cost estimate.
- Liaise and co-ordinate estimating activities within the H&W matrix-management company construct, i.e., business functions and our Delivery Centres, in the compilation of high-value estimates and bid packages.
- Ensure that customers contractual requirements, terms and conditions and standards are taken into account as appropriate in the preparation of estimates and bid packages.
- Develop bid submissions in line with customer requirements.
- Assist with the project management of awarded projects and be fully conversant with the tender submission.
- Provide support to project management in relation to the development of estimates for Variation Orders.
- Strong Estimating experience in steel/fabrication/ship repair/newbuild
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set goals, budgets, and deadlines
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet or estimating software
- The ability to read engineering plans and develop cost estimates
- Competitive base pay
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical care
- Free gym membership
To apply for the position please contact email@example.com