Reports to: Technical Manager
Job purpose: You will be responsible for delivering complex electrical/electronic solutions to a variety of projects. Integrating practical electrical, electronic combat and automation product solutions not only within the same disciplines but defining the interfaces with others constructively and mechanically. You will be responsible for the co-ordination of relevant sub-contract providers to ensure projects are controlled and efficiently executed.
- Lead as the SME for the project in all things electrical installation and design
- Manage subcontractor packages of work and subcontractors within a complex project.
- Co-ordinate the activities with multiple stakeholders for naval electrical and installation packages to produce the required engineering information for a project
- Producing accurate Production drawings (if required) & reviewing contractor information/drawings.
- Producing technical specifications for installation of new systems.
- Liaising with internal departments, Customers, Project staff, contract staff, Regulatory bodies, suppliers and other design agencies.
- Check output for accuracy and compliance with rules, regulations, quality and defence standards.
- Monitor progress against schedule and prepare progress reports.
- Identify risks to schedule, cost or quality and assist to minimise impact.
- Develop system philosophies, electrical line diagrams and cable specifications to authorities and project as appropriate.
- Provide evaluation of tender specification for material requisition and ensure compliance of project schedule.
- Qualified to degree level, or HNC/HND equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline
- Ideally, you will be a member of a relevant institution (e.g. RINA, IET, IMechE, IMarEst etc.) and hold or working towards Chartered or Incorporated status or you will have demonstrable engineering experience and be capable of registration with the Engineering Council at CEng level.
- The ideal candidate will be an Electrical/Electronic Design Engineer with experience in engineering calculation, analysis and integration with an understanding of system electrical design.
- It would be beneficial if you have experience working on UK naval marine shipbuilding projects or defence related design experience but this is not essential. Electrical & Electronics experience in other industries would be considered including facilities, Oil & Gas and Aviation.
- Competitive base salary
- Company pension
- 31 days holiday
- Excellent L&D opportunities
To get more details or apply for this role please contact email@example.com