Reports into: Welding/Steelwork Supervisor
Job Purpose: To supervise the operation of the Company’s micro-panel welding robot (MPWR).
This will be a key role in the development and operation of our new steel manufacturing capability. This will help us to increase accuracy and reduce the time needed to complete each project.
- Review fabrication drawings and specifications to determine setup procedure and dimensions of finished workpiece.
- Align, position, secure and fit parts and panels using the machine according to the setup instructions.
- Inspect, and operate machines according to set procedures (training will be provided).
- Inspect, and report all quality issues to supervisor.
- Maintain written logs of daily operation as required.
- Maintain consumable on hand inventory as required.
- Measure and inspect workpiece for conformance to specifications and standards as required.
- Notifies supervisor of all machine discrepancies, issues and machine malfunctions.
- Adjusts machine control parameters according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
- Time served (steel working/welding) either in a shipyard or similar field activity where structural fabrication was undertaken;
- Operating numerically controlled machines in machine shops or programming automated machine systems in:
- Basic knowledge in the use of computers, programming, and automated production systems
- Knowledge of welding processes
- Ability to understand engineer drawings and technical documents
- Competitive hourly rate
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
- Excellent L&D opportunities
To apply please contact email@example.com