As the Proposal Engineer you will be responsible for preparing detailed, effective and persuasive documentation to support a bid for a new-build or repair project. When a call for a proposal is issued, you will need to outline the projected materials and labour needs, along with other matters. You will need to show how the company will meet the specifications by providing information about its qualifications and personnel, also suggesting how much time will be required to successfully finish the work.
You will be responsible for:
* Gathering stakeholder requirements and analysing project data
* Carrying out concept design studies
* Co-writing concepts and preparing proposals for the client, driving targeted results for schedule and quality
* Working in accordance to specific requirements, processes and agreements
* Operating in a design/tender team of multidisciplinary Proposal Engineers
* Driving new thoughts in approach, methodology and processes while respecting previous work
* Ensuring full compliance imposed by both the company and the client
Skills and experience required:
* Technical study at BSc Level or higher in a relevant discipline
* Experience in the development and execution of proposals or experience within a technical and/or defence environment
* Analytical and creative skills
* Commercial and technical interests
* An ability to develop your strategy and share your vision with both the client and the tender team
* Collaborative team player, motivated by team success and a shared vision for long-term growth
* Committed and hardworking with lots of energy
On offer is a very attractive and competitive remuneration package and the chance to be a part of the turnaround and significant growth agenda of one of the most historical shipyards in the world.
Other benefits include:
* Pension contribution
* 28 days holiday
How to Apply
For more information about this key role, please contact Laura Warner directly, who is managing this opportunity.