Job Summary: Working within an integrated design and engineering team environment, the Project Engineer is responsible for the technical performance, including engineering, design and analysis and other tasks in support of the Company’s ship repair/conversion, offshore/marine fabrication, and engineering contracts.
Subject to specific project requirements, the scope could be the entire project or specific area within the project.
This will be a key role within the engineering department and will include a client facing aspect.
- A solid marine/shipbuilding background with professional technical and managerial experience including the ability to understand client’s requirements, formulate the approach and methods to be adopted in determining an optimum solution and implementation in line with the quality standards and time/budget constraints.
- A deep and thorough understanding of at least one shipbuilding/marine engineering discipline gained through a combination of design-office and yard experience.
- A general knowledge of all pertinent shipbuilding/marine engineering disciplines and a thorough understanding of the interaction between disciplines.
- Proficiency in the control and planning of work.
- Experience of conceptual merchant ship design, including budget estimation.
- A general understanding of applicable regulatory requirements and industry practices.
- Ability to present reports on facts, and proposals for initiatives, to Project Managers, clients and engineering personnel.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Project, Word and other general drafting software such as AutoCAD
For more details contact email@example.com