Reports To: Procurement Director
Job Purpose: The Procurement Manager will lead a procurement team and manage procurement activity and commodity buying to maximise customer service and operating performance.
- Plan and implement the overall supply chain strategy in line with the strategic aims of the business and to support the successful delivery of the programme.
- Evaluate the market and identify appropriate strategic suppliers for the programme.
- Run a full RFQ process including technical, logistical, and commercial compliance.
- Evaluate RFQ responses for value for money, quality, reliability and security of supply.
- Negotiate terms and conditions with key suppliers taking full consideration of main contract mandatory flow down terms and back-to-back main contract terms.
- MCIPS accredited or working towards accreditation
- Experience of dealing with the Supplier Non-Conformance process
- Track record of working within a technical industry would be highly welcomed (i.e defence, marine, engineering or manufacturing)
- Competitive base pay
- Medical cover
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org