The purpose of this role will be to manage the scheduling, resourcing, and performance of project plans for operations. This will involve driving Production Operations by monitoring, reporting, and challenging performance and driving corrective recovery actions when behind schedule. Establish and balance workloads to discharge the demand within available capacity and ensure we meet our customer commitments.
- Provide assistance to the Operations team, ensuring the effective delivery of projects.
- Provide programmes for job estimations highlighting any constraints or threats.
- Assist with the preparation of planning information on new project start-ups.
- Ability to forecast capacity and resource requirement in histograms etc.
- Update current project programmes and plans with site progress daily, weekly, and/or monthly.
- Advise the project team of any changes to priorities and critical threats.
- Identify techniques to improve estimating, planning and cost control on existing and future projects.
- Work with all levels of the business from work force through to director/CEO
- Manage a detailed view of resource demand and capacity in line with the budget and schedule.
- Develop programmes from tenders, procurement, installation, commissioning to as built.
- Produce progress reports and performance S-curves (using CPI and SPI)
- monitor issues identifying areas that require resolutions.
Qualifications & Experience:
- 3 Years’ experience working as a Planner/Project Planner.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Experience with Primavera P6 and Microsoft project.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office including Excel.
- Sound financial & literary skills & knowledge.
- Strong influencing & relationship building skills.
- Third Level Qualification
- Heavy industries manufacturing, ship building or renewables industry experience.
How to apply
- For further information please contact email@example.com and to apply, please send all CVs, no later than Friday 28th May to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harland & Wolff is an Equal Opportunities employer