Reporting to the Supply Chain Lead. We are looking to recruit a Junior Supply Chain Officer to join our team in Belfast. The purpose of the role will be working within an integrated Supply Chain team. The Junior Supply Chain Officer will be responsible for supplier selection and approval, placing of Purchase Orders, expediting the delivery of goods and services, commercial management of the supplier at all steps of the Procurement cycle and resolving any supplier issues that may arise.
This role is based at our Belfast site.
Role and Responsibilities
- Identifying, Selecting, and approving suppliers, in line with Company procedures.
- Maintain Approved Supplier List, ensuring that certifications, insurances, and other documentation are kept up to date.
- Placing Purchase Orders with Suppliers for Goods and Services in line with budget, quality and delivery requirements.
- Being the first point of contact for all suppliers and subcontractors.
- Development of RFQ and EOI templates.
- Expedite all orders and communicate with Operations Team on a daily basis to highlight any shortfalls or potential issues that may disrupt business operations.
- Provide analysis of costs and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Maintain relationships with current suppliers.
- Establish Supplier KPIs and Service Level Agreements.
- Attend progress meetings with suppliers.
- Ensure that Purchase Order values are kept up to date capturing any variations and highlighting to the Operations Team.
- Assess and Evaluate supplier performance, providing feedback.
- Contact Suppliers to resolve price, quality, delivery or invoice issues raising supplier non-conformances when issues arise.
- Support Sales and Bid Team with tenders and price queries.
- CIPS Qualifications or working towards.
- Minimum 2 years’ Experience of working in a Procurement team preferably within a marine, manufacturing, or construction environment.
- Relevant Business, Manufacturing or Engineering Degree or proof of relevant experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Previous experience of using an ERP system.
- Knowledge of the local Supply Chain.
- Experience of dealing with the Supplier Non-Conformance process.
- Previous experience of using IFS.
How to apply
- To apply, please send all CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harland & Wolff is an Equal Opportunities employer