Opportunity for a HSE Officer to join our Belfast team.
Reports to: HSE Manager
Job Purpose: To support the HSE Manager in the promoting and maintaining the health, safety, and environmental culture within the company.
- To ensure that every person in the company follows company safety policies required under the law.
- Conduct risk assessments and list all the possible ways to reduce likelihood and severity.
- Regularly inspect the work areas to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the company supports safe working practices and complies with the law.
- Support the development of H&S strategies and plans.
- Record and review all workplace accidents and incidents for reporting and statistical purposes.
- Assist with creating management reports, including bulletins, newsletters, and toolbox talks.
- NEBOSH General Certificate or 3rd level equivalent i.e., NCRQ
- Highly Skilled in both written and spoken communication: you will need to explain Health, Safety and Environmental concepts and procedures to a variety of employees, contractor, and visitors.
- Negotiating ability: you will need to encourage all employees to implement safety standards that can affect the speed and efficiency of the company’s operations.
- Diplomacy: the job requires patience to secure everyone’s cooperation.
- Analytical: you’ll need to understand complex ideas while presenting them in simple but accurate terms.
- Skilled in IT.
- Ability to comprehend Health, Safety and Environmental law and regulations.
- Competitive base pay
- 31 Days holiday
- Company pension
- Excellent L&D opportunities
To apply please contact firstname.lastname@example.org