Report To: General Manager
Job Purpose: You will lead the Business Development, Bidding and Pre-contract phase activities primarily for the H&W Appledore facility whilst also supporting/ leading multi-site / Group activities and opportunity development when required.
- Day to Day management of the Appledore bid and pre-contract team, responsible for their work planning, quality of output, and ensuring compliance with ALL H&W processes.
- Working with GM Appledore and Sector Directors provides subject matter expertise to support the prioritisation of Appledore opportunities and Bid / No Bid Decisions.
- Management and Leadership of Business Development and Pre-Contract activities at the Appledore site
- Manage the delivery of tenders and Opportunity submissions, in conjunction with Functional teams
- Working with support function teams (Commercial, Quality, Supply Chain, HR, Strategic Bids, Finance, Technical) to ensure that opportunities are fully supported, and support functions input and guidance is fully implemented.
- Significant knowledge and understanding of the drivers of successful business development and relationship development with customers, suppliers, and regulatory bodies.
- Significant experience and understanding of the bidding processes such as Shipley, Lore
- Strong technical background such that an understanding of the project work content, their feasibility and profitability
- Demonstrable leadership experience
- Sector specific knowledge Commercial/Naval shipbuilding and fabrication
- BEng (Hons), MEng or MSc (or equivalent) in an appropriate engineering or other relevant subject (minimum Class 2:1/Distinction (or equivalent)
- Competitive base salary
- 31 days holiday
- Company Pension
- Private Medical Cover
To apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org