As the Financial Accountant you will report to the Group Financial Controller. Primary duties will include, but will not be restricted to, the following.
Role and Responsibilities
- Preparation of group monthly management accounts from trial balance with provision of analytical explanations where necessary.
- Assist with the compilation of detailed & supplemental reporting packs on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis for submission to Group.
- Project based accounting for review with the business.
- Maintenance of general ledger records including journals & balance sheet reconciliations.
- Data entry/extraction from the organisation’s finance systems and maintenance of accurate information therein.
- Working closely with the Group Financial Controller on detailed group budgeting and forecasting.
- Assist with Preparation of monthly business review presentations.
- Support of other business functions with financial analysis e.g. sales forecasting & analysis, P&L Analysis, Payroll Analysis etc.
- Preparation of draft annual statutory group consolidated accounts.
- Assist with monitoring and management of the cash position and prepare and present the cash position statements and forecasts as required.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or a similar qualification
- 2 + years post qualification experience within shipbuilding or construction environment
- Excellent understanding of accounting processes and the need for appropriate controls in place.
- Demonstrable experience in the use of accounting software such as IFS or similar ERP software across sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger
- Practical experience in the use of Data Analytics tools.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- 5 years’ experience post qualification within a shipbuilding or construction
- Experience of working with IFS
How to apply
- To apply, please send all CVs, no later than Friday 28th May to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Harland & Wolff is an Equal Opportunities employer