Reports to: Bid Manager
Job purpose: To assist with the development of cost estimates in support of bid packages
- Translate aspects of the statement of customer requirements into a cost estimate.
- Liaise and co-ordinate company departments eg, engineering, operations, finance and procurement departments in the compilation of estimates and bid packages.
- Develop standard costs for the use of operational assets and resources.
- Participate in site visits to assess/define customer requirements.
- Ensure that customers contractual requirements, terms and conditions and standards are taken into account as appropriate in the preparation of estimates and bid packages.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of norms and estimating conventions to improve estimate response times.
- Develop bid submissions in line with customer requirements.
- Strong Estimating experience in steel/fabrication/ship repair/newbuild
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set goals, budgets and deadlines
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet or estimating software
- The ability to read engineering plans and develop cost estimates
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holiday
- Medical cover
- Company pension
- Early finish on Fridays
To apply for the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org