Reports To: Senior Estimator
Job Purpose: To lead Mechanical estimating best of class provision for the development and conversion of high-value, strategic importance market tenders within the newly formed Strategic Bids Management Team.
- To translate aspects of the statement of customer requirements into a rigorous and robust cost estimate.
- Manage and co-ordinate all mechanical engineering estimating activities within the H&W Strategic Bid Management Team, by compiling high-value mechanical estimates and bid packages to ensure recurrent high PWIN outcomes.
- Develop standard mechanical cost baseline norms for the use of operational assets and resources.
- Participate in site visits to assess/define customer requirements to enable timely bid submissions.
- Ensure that customers contractual requirements, terms and conditions and standards are taken into account as appropriate in the preparation of estimates and bid packages.
- Degree within a relevant discipline (i.e Mechanical Engineering, Quantity Surveying, etc)
- Experience gained within a project support function.
- Knowledge of estimating across different value streams would be highly welcomed (i.e Steel, Fabrication, etc)
- Competitive base pay
- Medical cover
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org