Reports to: H&W Senior Estimator, London
To lead Electrical estimating best of class provision for the development and conversion of high-value, strategic importance market tenders within the newly formed Strategic Bids Management Team, London.
- Translate aspects of the statement of customer requirements into a rigorous and robust cost estimate.
- Manage and co-ordinate all Electrical engineering estimating activities within the H&W Strategic Bid Management Team, by compiling high-value Electrical estimates and bid packages to ensure recurrent high PWIN outcomes.
- Develop standard Electrical cost baseline norms for the use of operational assets and resources.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of norms and estimating conventions to improve estimate response times, benchmarking Electrical estimating winning formulae.
- Develop bid submissions in line with customer requirements.
- Assist with the project management of awarded projects and be fully conversant with the tender submission.
- Provide support to project management in relation to the development of estimates for Variation Orders.
- Strong Electrical Estimating experience in steel/fabrication/ship repair/newbuild
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set goals, budgets, and deadlines
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet or estimating software
- The ability to read engineering plans and develop cost estimates
- Ideally time served Electrician
- Competitive base pay
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension
- Private medical care
- Free gym membership
To apply for the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org