Reports To: Director of Shipbuilding
Job Purpose: To plan and coordinate all activities of ship design related to new naval and commercial marine shipbuilding, conversion or repair projects to ensure that the technical and engineering assurance objectives of the project are properly governed and accomplished.
- Performing engineering to develop ship preliminary design, functional design, and integrating the work of marine structural, mechanical, and electrical disciplines in compliance with MOD, ABS, DNV, Lloyds, BV and other applicable industry standards.
- To provide engineering services for all naval, commercial and government vessels ranging in complexity from, (typically); Offshore Support Vessels, Towing Vessels, Barges, River Vessels, Ice class vessels and High-Speed Craft.
- Conduct and oversee all analysis of ship scantlings, section modulus, and deck layouts and schematics.
- Perform all necessary engineering calculations, including but not limited to resistance, propulsion, sea keeping, power trade off analysis, mooring calculations, electrical, equipment technical and costing analysis, marine system design by using both company software and hand calculations.
- Assess all hull form designs, optimization and structural analysis using finite element software where appropriate.
- A Master’s Degree in Naval Architecture or Marine Engineering.
- Demonstrable ship construction oversight and project management skills required, along with the ability to coordinate with remote teams.
- Proven senior executive-level project leadership capacity i.e., UK Technical Authority leadership experience within complex projects/programmes.
- Well-rounded vessel design experience.
- Competitive base pay
- Medical cover
- 28 days holiday
- Company pension
To apply for this role, please contact email@example.com