Reports to: Head of Procurement
Job purpose: Leading an integrated supply chain / procurement team and co-ordinate all supply chain engagement, ranging across with our key customers and suppliers to maximise customer service and operating performance.
- Purchase goods, materials, components or services in line with specified cost, quality and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply issues which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Deliver briefs, updates and reports as and when required
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improved prices and terms of business with suppliers and review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews to ensure contract compliance and manage performance improvement activities
- Ensure that a professional and consistent approach is taken in relation to all supplier relationships
- Experience of working in a Procurement team, at a supervisor level, preferably within heavy industries, marine, manufacturing or construction environment.
- Relevant Business, Manufacturing or Engineering Degree or proof of relevant experience.
- CIPS Qualifications or working towards
- Knowledge of different types of contracts, any law / contract background
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Previous experience of using an ERP system.
- Knowledge of the local Supply Chain.
- Experience of dealing with the Supplier Non-Conformance process
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
- Fantastic L&D opportunities
To apply or get further details please apply through firstname.lastname@example.org