Job purpose: To be play a full part within the H&W Appledore tender and estimating team supporting the design, estimating and supplier interfaces for ship and fabrication tenders and proposals undertaken. This will also include, when necessary, project work in support of the company’s delivery requirements.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise to enhance the Teams technical capability
- Reviews customer specifications, drawings, and technical data
- Develops detailed listings of required work tasks based on review of bid request
- Reviews and technically assess ship design and/or docking proposals received from third parties.
- Conducts design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are being achieved.
- Prepares specifications/scopes of work for repair, modifications, conversion, or new build projects.
- Liaises with detail design to ensure production engineering outputs are technically aligned with the design intent
- Identifies material and subcontractor scopes of work
- Develops long lead and critical material lists
- Assists the Sales / Bid teams in preparation of any bid documents and proposals that require technical input and/or cost estimates
- Works with Production to develop production plans including build strategies
- A solid engineering background in an appropriate discipline including the ability to understand clients’ requirements, formulate the methods to be adopted in determining an optimum solution and implementation in line with the quality standards and time/budget constraints.
- Time served in a shipyard or experience of working in a design for manufacturing environment
- Experience in ship design/modification projects (Commercial and/or Military/Naval), including, layout sub-contract and budget estimation
- Experience in planning and execution of ship construction, maintenance and modernisation processes
- Experience of involvement in third party Design Review processes.
- Implementation of Classification Society and IMO rules and regulations
- Competitive base pay
- 31 days holiday
- Company pension
- 1/2 day finish on Fridays
- Excellent L&D opportunities
For a full job description or apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org