The Ministry of Defence has selected Team Resolute, comprising Harland & Wolff, Navantia UK and BMT, to build support ships for the Royal Navy with a £1.6 billion contract. Team Resolute has been appointed to deliver three crucial support ships to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA), where such vessels will provide munitions, stores and provisions to the Royal Navy’s aircraft carriers, destroyers and frigates deployed at sea. This contract will come with investment in shipyard infrastructure to support the British shipbuilding sector, the investment will create one of the most advanced yards in the UK, significant for future export and domestic shipbuilding and offshore opportunities. Become part of something innovative.
In return, you will be given the opportunity to grow in new directions and offer a real contribution to UK shipbuilding. We will be offering a wide range of roles with strong career development across the group as means of ensuring future success. We would encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.
Job purpose: Responsible for and directs all phases of the subcontract from initiation of the bid process or buy decisions through requests for proposals, subcontract management plans, negotiation strategy, cost accountability, programme execution, through life support and contract closure.
- Liaising with peers from other disciplines and sites across the Group.
- Performs or supports cost and price analysis, develops negotiation strategies, and leads negotiations to create value for money outcomes and low risk impact for procuring goods and services.
- Directs and manages all costs, quality, schedule, financial and technical performance requirements that are levied on the subcontractor or the product family and is required to ensure performance and support of the contract milestones through life.
- Functional representative at supplier and internal reviews, working groups, progress meetings, as required.
- Produces business cases/ briefing materials for management reviews.
- Participates / leads supplier assessments and supplier development activity teams, including the administration of appropriate due diligence activity.
- Experience in Subcontract Management, Procurement, Commodity and/or related field
- Knowledge of import/export legislation and logistical requirements
- Experience of programme management skills (IPDS/Risk Management/Programme Gating/ Metrics/SOW Development/Business Finance)
- Experience in high complexity proposal and programme governance activities
- Experience in reviewing and agreeing Terms & Conditions with minimum risk to the business.
- Competitive Base pay
- Annual leave (31-33 days days pro rata dependant on location)
- Company pension
- Medical cover
- Opportunity to work on innovative projects
To get further information or to apply for this role please contact email@example.com