Job Purpose: To oversee and assess Project processes to identify and develop solutions or mitigation for those risks that could harm the reputation, safety, security or financial success of either the Project or the organisation. Evaluate and cost the impact or likely impact of any high risk/high impact events and to cost the respective solution/s. Identify any downstream processes affected by upstream risks. Establish and manage risks across the project including technology transfer and recapitalisation. Identify areas of opportunity and provide a cost/benefit analysis. Brief senior management on all risk related matters associated with the Project
- Conduct risk assessments for all aspects of the Project considering health, safety, environmental, quality and financial elements.
- Review existing risk assessments to establish if they are fit for purpose and with assistance from the Subject Matter Expert, amend as required, communicate and file
- With assistance of the SME produce Risk Assessments for any task of the project, not already covered
- Work with the Project team to establish policies and procedures to eliminate, minimise or mitigate identified risks.
- At the beginning of the project and progressively through the project stages, work with all stakeholders to assess risks and potential risks to the program
- Develop and take full responsibility for the Risk and Opportunity Registers to capture all risks and opportunities identified together with all relevant data including (but not limited to) key dates, description, cause, impact, mitigation, benefits, actions to be taken, responsibilities/risk owners, potential cost impact, budget allowance for remedy and status.
- Work with all stakeholders to determine and recommend appropriate actions to eliminate, minimise or mitigate identified risks.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of Risk processes in the organisation Quality System
- Assist other risk managers as required
- Conduct spot audits in key process of the program (practical and administration) to ensure risks are known and addressed
- Work with Procurement to ensure security of supply is available on long lead-time, high cost, strategic materials
- Work with and challenge BMT and Navantia on technology transfer and work with H&W on receiving and capturing technology
- Work with and challenge “asset capitalisation” (purchase of capital assets) to highlight and record risks and ensure these are considered, evaluated and mitigated prior to purchase
- Look for and encourage areas of Opportunity, conduct a cost/benefit analysis and provide recommendations to the Senior Project Manager
- Submit a monthly report to the Senior Project Manager outlining the status of the risk register, including new risks identified, open risks and close risks. The financial exposure open risks represent.
- Thorough understanding of policies and best practice of risk management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent mathematical and critical thinking skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational and attention-to-detail skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills
- Thoroughly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite to prepare registers, policies and reports
- Qualification in Risk Management or related field
- Temporary contract to support our large scale FPSO contract (potential to become permanent)
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holiday (pro rata)
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com