Job Purpose: To carry out material, visual welding, dimensional and painting inspection & prepare the related QA/ QC documents and liaise with client on incoming materials and fabrication projects.
- Performs inspection on incoming material check to ensure it meets the required specifications.
- Conduct fit-up inspection on as per production request.
- Welding Inspections of Structural of and piping fabrication.
- ensure that all welding work is accordance to weld map and procedure.
- Responsible to establish the inspection and Test Plan and all other quality related documents.
- Ensure and maintain material and works quality / standards according to project and approved standards.
- Monitor and inspect all the installation for correctness and as compliance according to project requirements.
- Conduct inspection before welding and after welding to ensure compliance.
- Co-ordinate with internal & external 3rd party for NDT test arrangement
- Liaise with 3rd party inspector / client in steel and welding inspection
- Preparing inspection report for welding and final dimension report
- Liaise with paint supplier for paint qualification.
- Conduct inspection on product after painting and during final inspection with 3rd party inspector / client.
- Reporting to Quality Assurance Manager on all quality related issue for steel fabrication and welding work.
- Diploma and/or Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent.
- Relevant experience in Marine & fabrication industry.
- Knowledge of IACs rules and regulations.
- Basic knowledge in Structural and Piping Materials.
- Experience in piping line walk, reinstatement inspections by clear understanding of Isometric drawings.
- Experience in QC Documentations such as Material Traceability, Weld Traceability.
- Knowledge in Non-Destructive Testing methods.
- Competitive base pay
- 31 days holiday
- Company pension
- Opportunity to work on large scale MoD project
- Early finish on Fridays
For a full job description or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org