To assist with the development of bid packages and to assist projects with technical support and liaison between design and operations. This will include undertaking analysis in support of the company’s project work.
- Breakout engineering tasks (maintenance, refit and new build) to develop and maintain the Project Plan from an agreed work package scope on multiple Vessel systems and disciplines.
- Develop and maintain project schedules for specific work packages that meet the requirements of the business and that support delivery frameworks. Including resource plans and utilisation for each project.
- Ensure that all tasks are carried out in accordance with Harland & Wolff’s cost, time, cost and quality requirements.
- Develop technical solutions which are production and cost friendly that meet the required standards
- Monitor project progress against standards and targets/milestones.
- Develop and maintain project assumptions, exclusions, and dependencies.
- Identify variations to contract and agree additional costs and work, which will include the management of project change register and associated impact statements.
- Monitor alignment of project schedule to the change register and budgets / forecasts.
- Identify and manage project risks and potential problems, capturing all on register and associated mitigation actions.
- Recording lessons learned.
- Assist the Project Manager in maximising the utilisation and the efficiency of all the Project Management resources
- Assist with the development of tenders and technical and production budgets
- A Bachelor’s degree in an engineering subject, or HNC/HND in Engineering with significant experience as a minimum requirement.
- Project Management skills accredited to the Association of Project Managers (APM). Formal APM / Prince2 qualifications are desirable but not essential.
- Eligibility for Baseline clearance
- Previous experience in shipbuilding / repair / refit / decommissioning environments or similar industry.
- Project management and process improvement techniques.
- Knowledge of business processes (HR, Finance Commercial)
- Ability to work effectively across multiple boundaries
- Competitive Base pay
- Annual leave (31 days)
- Company pension
- Excellent Career Opportunity
To get further information or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org