The Ministry of Defence has selected Team Resolute, comprising Harland & Wolff, Navantia UK and BMT, to build support ships for the Royal Navy with a £1.6 billion contract. Team Resolute has been appointed to deliver three crucial support ships to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA), where such vessels will provide munitions, stores and provisions to the Royal Navy’s aircraft carriers, destroyers and frigates deployed at sea. This contract will come with investment in shipyard infrastructure to support the British shipbuilding sector, the investment will create one of the most advanced yards in the UK, significant for future export and domestic shipbuilding and offshore opportunities. Become part of something innovative.
In return, you will be given the opportunity to grow in new directions and offer a real contribution to UK shipbuilding. We will be offering a wide range of roles with strong career development across the group as means of ensuring future success. We would encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.
Work closely with an integrated supply chain / procurement team and co-ordinate all supply chain engagement, to include our key customers and suppliers to maximise customer service and operating performance.
- Purchase goods, materials, components, or services in line with specified cost, quality, and delivery targets
- Ensure continuous supply of required goods and materials and communicate any supply issues which may pose a risk or impact on business operations
- Monitor market trends, competitor strategies and market suppliers
- Research and evaluate areas of opportunity and reduce costs where possible
- Develop creative and innovative procurement processes
- Develop ideas and strategies to improve operational efficiency, add value, aid business performance and work towards a strategy of continuous improvement
- Negotiate contracts, improve prices, and terms of business with suppliers
- Review opportunities to make business savings utilising negotiation and procurement best practice tools and methods
- Assess and evaluate suppliers and undertake performance reviews
- Experience of working in a Procurement team, at a supervisor level, preferably within heavy industries, marine, manufacturing or construction environment.
- Relevant Business, Manufacturing or Engineering Degree or proof of relevant experience.
- Significant experience of Equipment Major sub-contacts
- CIPS Qualifications or working towards
- Knowledge of different types of contracts, any law/contract background
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.
- Previous experience of using an ERP system.
- Knowledge of the local Supply Chain.
- Experience of dealing with the Supplier Non-Conformance process
- Competitive base pay
- 33 days holiday
- Company pension
- Fantastic L&D opportunities
- 1/2 Day Friday