Please note: This is a pre-requisite of Level 3 roles and is not a standalone positions. A Level 3 role must be selected in conjunction with this position to be completed afterwards.
The Apprenticeship Supervisor and Manager
This Apprenticeship will provide a base knowledge in Engineering. This is a mandatory first step into your chosen career
pathway and will lead you on to your chosen specialised apprenticeship. All apprentices in Harland & Wolff will undertake this qualification.
The qualification takes 12-18 months to complete depending on trade and location. You will then move on to your specialised level 3
apprenticeship. The level 3 apprenticeship job descriptions can be found on the website.
What will you learn doing this apprenticeship:
- Gain hands-on experience through a safe workplace placement, providing vocational training and education.
- Practical on the job training.
- One-to-one dedicated mentoring.
- Shipyard training facilities.
- Opportunity to earn while you learn.
- You will attend college as timetabled
- Learn how to produce components using hand fitting techniques.
- Learn how to produce sheet metal components and assemblies.
- Learn how to prepare and use Manual Metal Arc Welding Equipment.
- Learn how to prepare and use Semi-Automatic MIG, MAG and Flux Cored Arc Welding Equipment.
- Learn how to wire and test Electrical Equipment and Circuits.
- Learn how to Assemble and Test Electronic Circuits.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Hold a minimum a of GCSE grade C/4, National 5 (or Equivalent) in Mathematics and English.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to use your own initiative and a strong drive to succeed are all essential.
- Enthusiasm and determination to learn.
- Self-starter and motivated person.
- Ability to get on with colleagues and customers.
- Commitment to upholding high health and safety standards.
- Responsibility, reliability and dedication.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioral Skills:
- Ability to establish an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal.
- Effectiveness in identifying possible problems for upward reporting/investigation.
- Ability to express ideas or facts in a clear manner.
• Professional and pro-active work ethic.
To apply please fill in an application form and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.