Reports to: Supervisor
Job Summary: As a Joiner, you will be working in a working shipyard and will be responsible for a variety of carpentry requirements. This will include onboard refit (rip out and refit), Maintenance requirements and H&S aspects.
- Good knowledge of 1st & 2nd Fix.
- Able to understand and work from technical drawings.
- Confident in installing and assembling bespoke units.
- Competency in the use of woodworking machinery & tooling.
- Complete refit of the vessel interior.
- Final fitting of hardware, windows, sinks and other parts of the vessel.
- Scribe in units, trim & adjust.
- Competency to work with tight tolerances.
- Seeks to pursue perfection, with a coachable and engaged attitude.
- Providing simple H&S support such as temporary coverings etc.
- Provide carpentry support to maintenance tasks in relation to facilities.
- Balancing workload with other trades.
- Problem solving & solution generating ethos for joinery aspects within shipbuilding.
- Time served joiner either in a shipyard or similar field activity where refit work was undertaken.
- Relevant qualification, indentured apprenticeship, NVQ, City & Guilds etc.
- Understanding of engineered drawings and technical documents.
- Knowledge and compliance of workplace safety.
- Work execution independently according to valid instructions, rules and other standards.
- Flexible cooperation with other team-members.
- £16ph, enhanced overtime
- 31 days holiday (pro rata)
- Permanent contract
- Company pension
To get a full job description or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org