To support the HSE Manager in the promoting and maintaining of the Health, Safety and Environmental culture within the company.
- To ensure that every person in the company follows company safety policies required under the law.
- Conduct risk assessments and list all the possible ways to reduce likelihood and severity.
- Regularly inspect the work areas to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the company supports safe working practices and complies with the law.
- Support the development of H&S strategies and plans.
- Record and review all workplace accidents and incidents for reporting and statistical purposes.
- Keep up to date with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation that affect the company.
- Assist with creating management reports, including bulletins, newsletters, and toolbox talks.
- Ensure all equipment is operated safely.
- Ensure disposal of all waste and hazardous substances are carried out in line with safety and environmental legislation.
- Support the management team to maintain and improve ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 accreditation.
- Health and Safety experience within the marine or other heavy industry.
- Prior engineering manufacturing experience and knowledge
- Auditing experience of ISO 45001 or ISO 14001 management systems
Key Interpersonal/Behavioural Skills:
- Negotiating ability: you will need to encourage all employees to implement safety standards that can affect the speed and efficiency of the company’s operations.
- Diplomacy: the job requires patience to secure everyone’s cooperation
- Analytical: you’ll need to understand complex ideas while presenting them in simple but accurate terms.
- Ability to comprehend Health, Safety and Environmental law and regulations
- Ability to build effective relationships with other team members and employees.
- Competitive base pay
- 31 days holiday
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Excellent L&D opportunities
to get more information or apply for this role please contact People.email@example.com