Reports to: HSE Manager
Job Summary: To provide Health, Safety & Environmental support to the business. Support the H&S Manager in the promoting, monitoring and upholding the Health, Safety and Environmental culture within the company.
- To ensure that every person in the company follows company safety policies required under the law.
- Conduct risk assessments and list all the possible ways to reduce likelihood and severity.
- Regularly inspect the work areas to ensure that company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure that the company supports safe working practices and complies with the law.
- Support the development of H&S strategies and plans.
- Record and review all workplace accidents and incidents for reporting and statistical purposes.
- Keep up to date with Health, Safety and Environmental legislation that affect the company.
- Assist with creating management reports, including bulletins, newsletters, and toolbox talks.
- Ensure all equipment is operated safely.
- Ensure disposal of all waste and hazardous substances are carried out in line with safety and environmental legislation.
- Support the management team to maintain and improve ISO 14001 & ISO 45001 accreditation.
- Technical Member of IOSH (Tech IOSH) or working towards
- IEMA qualification of proven experience.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Working Knowledge of Environmental legislation and practices
- Experience with high-risk operations such as confined space, working at height, lifting operations and hot work/fire safety.
- Highly skilled in both written and spoken communications: you will need to explain Health, Safety and Environmental concepts and procedures to a variety of employees, contractors, and visitors.
- Competitive base salary
- Company pension
- 31 days holiday (pro rata)
- Early finish on Fridays
- Flexible start and finish
To get more details or apply for this role please contact email@example.com