Harland & Wolff, a fast growing shipping and marine engineering business, is looking for an experienced Group Accountant to manage the day to day financial operations.
This is a new role created as part of a reorganisation to bring central finance to the London office. This role will report into the Group Financial Controller. The Group Finance team are responsible for the consolidation and preparation of Group monthly management accounts, annual and half yearly financial statements, budgets and forecasts. The Group Accountant is a member of the team creating consolidated financial information for the Board and Senior Leadership Team and well as the standalone Company management accounts for the parent Company. The Group Accountant will also liaise closely with the Head of Departments based in the London office in regards to cost reporting.
What will I do?
- Responsibility for the production of monthly financial information to include profit and loss, balance sheet, project reporting and key performance indicators information in line with Group reporting requirements and deadlines.
- Develop and maintain procedures to ensure the profit and loss and balance sheet of the company is robust with all key balance sheet line items reconciled on a routine basis.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller in the maintenance and application of appropriate disciplines, formal procedures, and financial controls to all aspects of business activity. Assist with the maintenance of an effective financial control environment in line with group requirements, with responsibility for the production of the management accounts on a monthly basis.
- Assist with the monitoring and management the cash position of the business and to prepare and present cash position statements and forecasts as required.
- Assist with the preparation of periodic financial budgets and forecasts, ad hoc reports, and analysis of business activity.
- Preparation of the Group and Company statutory accounts and assist the external audit process.
- Completion of statutory returns to relevant government bodies e.g., HMRC
- Responsible for provision of accurate and timely management information to the Financial Controller and Senior Management Team to support decision-making.
- Provide assistance to the Financial Controller and Senior Management in the appraisal of commercial projects and business opportunities.
- Assist the Financial Controller in the continuous review of the system of internal controls within the finance department and contribute to the identification of opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency across the finance team.
- Provide ad hoc financial analysis as required.
- About you
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA or a similar qualification
- 2 + years post qualification experience within shipbuilding, manufacturing or construction environment
- Excellent understanding of accounting processes and the need for appropriate controls in place.
- Experience of group accounts consolidation and external audit
- Demonstrable experience in the use of accounting software such as IFS or similar ERP software across sales ledger, purchase ledger and nominal ledger
- Practical experience in the use of Data Analytics tools.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Competitive base pay
- Medical cover
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday
To get further details or apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org