Harland & Wolff (H&W) has opportunities within our Fleet Solid Support (FSS) Programme for project management professionals to join our FSS Programme Office team in the programmatic responsibilities in the execution of H&W’s assigned supplier Major-Subcontracts on the FSS Programme.
Location: Belfast/Appledore/London/Methil. We’re willing to accommodate flexible arrangements with a requirement to attend Belfast/Appledore/supplier site(s) up to 60% in a working month. You shall also be expected to travel within the role; with time at our Client’s shipyards in Spain and FSS Sub-contractor sites in the UK and abroad on a regular basis.
- You will work closely ‘hand in hand’ with H&W / FSS Procurement Function, along with assigned staff onto the FSS Programme from H&W’s, BMT’s and Navantia’s Engineering and Production Teams.
- Ensure the compliance with internal and external governance and regulatory requirements, including Lifecycle Management, LR certification and MCA compliance.
- Lead the execution-phase of one or more assigned Sub-Contract(s) – post Contract Award (CA) – within a combined supplier facing team – consisting of assigned staff from the Procurement, Engineering/Technical and Production Functions of H&W, NV and BMT.
- Liaise with our FSS Management, Project Controls and Reporting Teams ensuring the accurate recording and reporting of progress of planned targets for budget, schedule and quality to ensure all facets of deliveries and data ‘map’ from – and into – the FSS H&W Sub-Contract Master Schedule (SCMS) and the overall Programme CMS, ensuring all ‘challenges’, risks and opportunities are logged, managed and/or mitigated through your facilitation, teamwork and leadership. Your scope shall include progress monitoring, delivery of Vendor Furnished Information (VFI), equipment FATs and delivery, in-store maintenance, installation, setting-to-work/commissioning and test & trials of a significant number of ship-equipment (in complexity, value and form) with close liaison with Navantia SA.
- Ensure your assigned supplier(s) deliver the scope of their sub-contract on time, to scope, and within contracted financial and technical budgets; with customer requirements being achieved.
- A Project professional with a good knowledge of Project and Sub-Contract Management (tools, techniques, practices).
- First-hand experience in Development / Production Projects; ideally in a naval / marine new-build environment.
- Be able to resolve project-related problems that do not have routine solutions, within the normal operating environment, yet with a resilient and exploratory approach to your business environment.
- Commercial acumen and ability – knowing your way around a supplier Statement of Work and aware of the Terms and Conditions scope, with some knowledge of linkage to technical requirements and the progressive nature of “requirements sell off”.
- Good project reporting Transparent and fully inclusive behaviours within the Team environment – with a collaborative style that enables the team and organisation to grow and deliver to its deadlines.
- Risk & Opportunity Management – setting of risks and opportunities within a 3-point environment, the reporting of R&Os and approach to schedule-risk-analysis.
- Competitive base pay
- Company pension
- 31 days annual holiday
- Excellent career opportunity
- Opportunity to work on a strategically important complex project
- Hybrid working
To get further details or apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org