This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of the FSS Programme Office/delivery team and be involved in a strategically important complex project for the Royal Navy (RN) and Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA). You will hold a delivery role within the Programme with some exposure to senior leaders within Harland & Wolff and additional internal and external stakeholders with opportunity of future career prospects and progression within the FSS Programme and Harland & Wolff shipyard and/or business operations.
Location: Belfast/Appledore/London/Methil. We’re willing to accommodate flexible arrangements with a requirement to attend Belfast/Appledore/supplier site(s) up to 60% in a working month. You shall also be expected to travel within the role; with time at our Client’s shipyards in Spain and FSS Sub-contractor sites in the UK and abroad on a regular basis.
- You will support the FSS Programme Management Leadership – Equipment Delivery in executing H&W assigned supplier Major-Subcontracts for the three FSS Ships and the programme delivery of the Recapitialisation Equipment and Civils work scope.
- You will work closely ‘hand in hand’ with H&W / FSS Procurement Function, along with assigned staff onto the FSS Programme from H&W’s, BMT’s and Navantia’s Engineering and Production Teams.
- Gain an understanding of the compliance with internal and external governance and regulatory requirements, including Lifecycle Management, LR certification and MCA compliance.
- You will support and/or lead the execution-phase of one or more assigned Sub-Contract(s) – post Contract Award (CA) – within a combined supplier facing team – consisting of assigned staff from the Procurement, Engineering/Technical and Production Functions of H&W, NV and BMT.
- A good knowledge of Project and Sub-Contract Management (tools, techniques, practices).
- Knowledge of Development / Production Projects; ideally in a naval / marine new-build environment.
- Support the resolution of project-related problems that do not have routine solutions, within the normal operating environment, yet with a resilient and exploratory approach to your business environment.
- Knowledge of commercial aspects of a procurement major-subcontract equipment package – with some experience and knowledge of Statements of Work.
- Collaborative team player, with potential to take the lead when a situation demands either internally, with customers or suppliers.
- Risk & Opportunity Management – knowledge of risks and opportunities. Ideally some knowledge of working within a 3-point environment although not essential, the reporting of R&Os and an introductory knowledge of schedule-risk-analysis.
- Competitive base pay
- Company pension
- 31 days annual holiday
- Excellent career opportunity
- Opportunity to work on a strategically important complex project
- Hybrid working
To get further information or apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org