Harland & Wolff, a fast growing shipping and marine engineering business, is looking for an experienced Financial Controller to manage the day to day financial operations.
This role will be a fantastic opportunity for anyone who enjoys the challenges of a start-up, working with colleagues across functions to drive the business forward and who would like to be part of building and strengthening the department as the business scales.
What will I do?
- Responsible for managing the day-to-day financial operations of the Belfast site, including financial reporting; cash flow management; financial planning and analysis; risk management.
- Providing strategic financial insights and recommendations to senior management to drive growth, improve operational efficiencies and maximise profitability.
- Financial Reporting: Coordinate timely and accurate financial reporting including monthly financial statements, management reports, Board packs, and statutory accounts, ensuring maintenance of supporting reconciliations.
- Cash Flow Management: Manage and monitor the site’s cash flow, including forecasting cash flow requirements and liaising with the Group Treasury Manager to ensure sufficient liquidity, timely payment of debts and debt collection.
- Financial Planning and Analysis: Coordinate and produce budget and financial forecasts in line with Group requirements, including reporting any variances.
- Project Reporting: Coordinate project reviews with senior management and project teams, ensuring accurate reporting of progress on projects and their ETC.
- Capex Planning: Manage and monitor the site’s capital requirements in line with the planned investment for the FSS project.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified (or similar)
- Relevant similar role within shipbuilding, construction environment or manufacturing
- Extensive management experience & post qualification experience
- Excellent understanding of accounting processes and the need for appropriate controls in place.
- Proficient in the use of Excel and PowerPoint
- Competitive base pay
- Medical cover
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday
To get further details or apply for this role please contact email@example.com