Reports to: Senior Estimator
Job purpose: The purpose of an Estimator is to provide accurate and timely cost estimates for proposed projects or contracts in order to assist with the decision-making process. The Estimator must consider all relevant factors, including materials, labour and processes, in order to present a detailed and accurate cost estimate. This role may also involve conducting site visits and liaising with various stakeholders in order to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the cost estimate. The Estimator must also be able to provide advice and guidance on cost-saving measures and alternative solutions.
- Translate aspects of the statement of customer requirements into a cost estimate.
- Liaise and co-ordinate company departments eg, engineering, operations, finance and procurement departments in the compilation of estimates and bid packages.
- Develop standard costs for the use of operational assets and resources.
- Participate in site visits to assess/define customer requirements.
- Ensure that customers contractual requirements, terms and conditions and standards are taken into account as appropriate in the preparation of estimates and bid packages.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of norms and estimating conventions to improve estimate response times.
- Develop bid submissions in line with customer requirements.
- Strong Estimating experience in steel/fabrication/ship repair/newbuild
- The ability to work under pressure to meet set goals, budgets and deadlines
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet or estimating software
- The ability to read engineering plans and develop cost estimates
- Methodical and organised
- Competitive base pay
- Medical Cover
- 31 days holiday
- Company Pension
To apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org