Please note: This position requires a Level 2 in Engineering Operations if you do not have this you will complete its prior to level 3. Please see the attached Level 2 Engineering Operations Job Description for details.
The Apprenticeship Supervisor and Manager
To support those learners training in Engineering Technical Support, It provides a structured individualised route with knowledge and skills for those who wish to achieve a qualification in Engineering Technical Support.
What will you learn doing this apprenticeship:
• Gain hands-on experience through a safe workplace placement, providing vocational training and education.
• Practical on the job training.
• One-to-one dedicated mentoring.
• Shipyard training facilities.
• Opportunity to earn while you learn.
• You will attend college as timetabled
• Learn how to produce Engineering Drawings/Models using 3D Computer Aided Techniques
• Learn how to produce Fabrication/Structural Engineering Drawings using Computer Aided Techniques
• Experience the impact and purpose of Engineering and CAD modes on the shop floor
• Basic training in other ship yard trades to understand the technics and how they fit in to the cycle of building and repairing ships from drawing a model to launching a ship
Qualifications and Experience:
• Hold a Level 2 Diploma in Performing Engineering Operations or a relevant field.
• Hold a minimum a of GCSE grade C/4, National 5 (or Equivalent) in Mathematics and English
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to use your own initiative and a strong drive to succeed are all essential.
• Enthusiasm and determination to learn.
• Self-starter and motivated person.
• Ability to get on with colleagues and customers.
• Commitment to upholding high health and safety standards.
• Responsibility, reliability and dedication.
Key Interpersonal/Behavioral Skills:
• Ability to establish an appropriate course of action for self and/or others to accomplish a goal.
• Effectiveness in identifying possible problems for upward reporting/investigation.
• Ability to express ideas or facts in a clear manner.
• Professional and pro-active work ethic.
To apply please fill in an application form and send it to email@example.com.