The Ministry of Defence has selected Team Resolute, comprising Harland & Wolff, Navantia UK and BMT, to build support ships for the Royal Navy with a £1.6 billion contract. Team Resolute has been appointed to deliver three crucial support ships to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA), where such vessels will provide munitions, stores and provisions to the Royal Navy’s aircraft carriers, destroyers and frigates deployed at sea.
This contract will come with investment in shipyard infrastructure to support the British shipbuilding sector, the investment will create one of the most advanced yards in the UK, significant for future export and domestic shipbuilding and offshore opportunities.
Become part of something innovative. In return, you will be given the opportunity to grow in new directions and offer a real contribution to UK shipbuilding. We will be offering a wide range of roles with strong career development across the group as means of ensuring future success. We would encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences and abilities.
Job purpose: The purpose of this role will be to manage the scheduling, resourcing, and performance of project and detailed plans for operations. This will involve driving Production Operations by monitoring, reporting, and challenging performance and driving corrective recovery actions when behind schedule. Establish and balance workloads to discharge the demand within available capacity and ensure we meet our customer commitments.
- Developing strategic plans in Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project while providing associated analysis
- Develop work breakdown structures, Organisational Breakdown structures and WBS dictionaries
- Support business development teams in production of PQQ and ITN submission documentation
- Produce and maintain shipyard norms and rates
- Must be capable of producing suite of planning reports, ie histograms, Plan Vs actual
- Conduct programme analysis to provide specialist support and advice through data harvesting and analysis, using specialist project planning software.
- Support risk analysis and to process risk characterisation studies
- Developing reports and presentations on programme analysis to senior client stakeholders
- Prepare VOW/Earned Value reports/progress reporting (weekly, Monthly etc)
- Produce individual and integrated asset plans for all activities
- Provides planning and progress to project team, Production teams and client.
- Assist Cost Analysts and tendering department where applicable, as required.
- Prepares operational plans and programmes as necessary from client documentation.
- Skills and preferably experience with Primavera P6 and Microsoft Project
- Programme management or business planning experience
- Shipbuilding and Ship Repair Experience
- Risk/Assumption Management
- Experienced with data analysis and supporting tools
- Experience with Earned Value Management
- Experience of supporting ROM tenders within a shipbuilding environment
- Competitive base salary
- Medical cover
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Excellent L&D opportunities
To get further details or apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org