The Commissioning Manager will play a pivotal role in the commissioning of newly constructed Fleet Solid Support Ships, ensuring that they are fully operational, safe, and compliant with all relevant regulations and standards before they are delivered to UK MOD and accepted into service.
- Prepare, maintain, and update the vessel schedule of the commissioning Activities.
- Be the focal point for the Prime contractor Test and trials lead in all matters related.
- Be the focal point for the Authority in matters related to the day-to-day commissioning activities of the vessel.
- Prepare technical specifications related to the commissioning activities as necessary.
- Define and select the system managers of the commissioning management group for the vessel.
- Assign the system and subsystem packages to the system managers.
- Work with the system managers to define the technical supports that will be
- Carry out the final review of FAT procedure proposals submitted by the vendors.
- Assign system managers to attend FATs.
- A bachelor’s degree in marine engineering, naval architecture, or a related field
- Significant experience in shipbuilding, marine engineering, or ship commissioning roles is essential. Prior experience in managing complex commissioning projects is highly desirable.
- In-depth knowledge of ship systems, machinery, and equipment is essential.
- Strong leadership abilities to manage a diverse team of professionals and subcontractors effectively.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills to identify and resolve technical issues during commissioning.
- Competitive based salary
- Private pension
- Excellent L&D opportunities
To get further information or to apply for this role please contact firstname.lastname@example.org