The Ministry of Defence has selected Team Resolute, comprising Harland & Wolff, Navantia UK and BMT, to build support ships for the Royal Navy with a £1.6 billion contract. Team Resolute has been appointed to deliver three crucial support ships to the Royal Fleet Auxiliary (RFA), where such vessels will provide munitions, stores and provisions to the Royal Navy’s aircraft carriers, destroyers and frigates deployed at sea. This contract will come with investment in shipyard infrastructure to support the British shipbuilding sector, the investment will create one of the most advanced yards in the UK, significant for future export and domestic shipbuilding and offshore opportunities. Become part of something innovative.
In return, you will be given the opportunity to grow in new directions and offer a real contribution to UK shipbuilding. We will be offering a wide range of roles with strong career development across the group as means of ensuring future success. We would encourage applications from all backgrounds, communities, and industries, and are committed to having a team that is made up of diverse skills, experiences, and abilities.
The Commercial Officer will be responsible for commercial support to the business, involving management of commercial and contractual aspects of commitments made to customers and ensuring compliance with internal corporate governance. The Commercial Officer will work within a team who are responsible for interpreting and communication customer requirements, identifying and mitigating risk and assessing opportunity, supporting the business to manage change and deliver upon its financial commitments.
- Act as a point of contact for the customer and internal stakeholders on commercial issues relating to the programme.
- Assist in drafting standard contractual documents.
- Take a leading role on proposals, negotiate with customers, and manage contracts in line with established policies and requirements.
- Provide input and guidance to the commercial elements of bids and proposals for new projects.
- Identify revenue growth opportunities in existing programmes.
- Identify revenue risk in existing programmes and contribute to the formulation and delivery of mitigation activities.
- Support the budget management process, working with finance to forecast revenue.
- You will have a track record of assisting with the delivery of robust commercial management on contracts and bids.
- Commercial management of large-scale projects
- Experience in providing commercial specialist input into bids and contracts.
- Demonstrable evidence of developing and sustaining positive working relationships, including the ability to negotiate commercial terms.
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension
- 33 days holiday
- Free car parking
- Early finish on Fridays
To apply for this role, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org