Job Purpose: To be play a full part within the H&W Appledore tender and estimating team supporting the design, estimating and supplier interfaces for ship and fabrication tenders and proposals undertaken.
- Provides Subject Matter Expertise to enhance the Teams technical capability
- Reviews customer specifications, drawings, and technical data
- Develops detailed listings of required work tasks based on review of bid request
- Conducts design review meetings to assure that technical objectives are being achieved.
- Prepares specifications/scopes of work for repair, modifications, conversion, or new build projects.
- Liaises with detail design to ensure production engineering outputs are technically aligned with the design intent.
- A solid engineering background in an appropriate discipline including the ability to understand clients’ requirements, formulate the methods to be adopted in determining an optimum solution and implementation in line with the quality standards and time/budget constraints.
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office applications including Excel, Project, Word
- Time served in a shipyard or experience of working in a design for manufacturing environment.
- Competitive base pay
- Medical cover
- 31 days holiday
- Company pension
- Early Friday finish
To apply for this role please contact email@example.com