Production of the FSS ships is due to start in 2025 and all three support ships are expected to be operational by 2032.
This is an opportunity for UK companies to work collaboratively with us in developing and exploiting the use of digital technology to improve competitiveness, as proposed in the UK National Shipbuilding Strategy.
Designed to support Net Carbon Zero by the end of their 30-year service lives, the RFA vessels will be equipped with energy efficient technologies to reduce power demand and will have the capability to reduce their carbon intensity by adopting low-carbon, non-fossil fuels and future energy sources.
Planning to bid for work?
For all suppliers planning to bid for work on FSS please note:
- If you plan to subcontract any part of the submission to a third party organsiation outside the UK, then the MOD F1686 Security Procedure must be followed.
- Completion of Cyber Essentials is mandatory to receive copies of the Procurement Technical Specification.
Pricing varies dependent upon the size of your organisation (All prices EXCLUDE VAT):
- Micro 0>9 employees £300
- Small 10>49 employees £400
- Medium 50>245 employees £450
- Large 250+ employees £500
Need further support?
For support with CyberEssentials please contact:
Cadmidium Services who provide support to Tier 1 suppliers and supply chain to achieve Cyber Essentials.
Submission criteria will also include Social Value.